What’s it like to work at Burn Design Lab?
We are an ambitious research and design organization. Burn Design Lab provides the opportunity to work in an innovative lab working to solve some of the world's biggest problems.
Internship: Cookstove Testing
Burn Design Lab, headquartered on Vashon Island, WA is offering an unpaid internship to a clear thinking, well-organized, undergraduate, who is ready to learn the details and challenges associated with determining the performance characteristics of improved biomass burning cookstoves. We are looking for someone with good communication skills, with a background in environmental or other science, who has an interest in testing, research, data analysis, and organization effectiveness. Burn Design Lab will provide housing or a housing stipend for the selected candidate.
The successful candidate will be engaged in some or all of the following:
- Performance, combustion, safety, durability, and emissions testing of cookstoves
- Biomass fuel analysis, and analysis of above testing results
- Providing input to stove designs based on testing results
- Documentation and improvement of testing methods and protocols
- Calibration of laboratory equipment
- Making improvements to laboratory systems and equipment
Applicants should have the following experience and aptitudes:
- Pursuing a degree in science or engineering
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Proficiency with MS Excel.
- Significant laboratory and report writing experience
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Start Date and Duration
The internship is 6 - 12 months duration, beginning in early January 2018.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Cookstove Testing Internship [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.